Monday, June 24, 2013

The Engrish Post!


Today is Engrish Post! I love Engrish so very much, that I felt inspired to make a post after a recent trip to the mall. Now, for the most part, there is a fair bit of research before people attempt to put English on a t-shirt. Most words are spelled correctly, and even sentences are oftentimes correct. But the devil is in the details, and English sentences are no exception. Even though the spelling is correct and the sentence structure is close, it's the nuances in the language that make things strange. This is the case for most Engrish shirts I find. But this post is not about those shirts. Those shirts are not worth my time or film. No, This post is about the "WTF were they trying to say?" shirts. And I found one perfect example, and actually, 90% of the shirts I am showing you are from one store. This tells me that the owner of this store does not believe in "Research".  I bring you: 


For the Prideful person in all of us.
I don't even know where to start.
Comes in multiple colors.

How did they know about my mom?

"Ok. I'll read one half, and you can read the other."

Ah, American Idioms. So close, yet so far.

Yes, this is printed across the crotch. Yes, this is my new Catchphrase!

My favorite part is the + in place of a t.

Because Canada is so well known for their Mattreses.

Kawaii!!


No comments:

Post a Comment