Friday, November 18, 2016

"This is Halloween! This is Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!"

10/29/2016- 10/30/2016
You better be singing that title!

This weekend we went to a Halloween party in Koriyama, Fukushima. I had a bunkasai (culture festival) at my school the day of. At the Bunkasai, I had a Halloween bulletin board and a carved pumpkin displayed. I really felt like part of the school and not a temporary outsider. Pictures of me were also featured in the school slide show. It was really neat. It gave me feels.





I drove straight from work to Koriyama in order to make it to the party in time. It started at someone’s apartment (where all the photos were taken) and then the party moved to a local club that was having a Halloween party for foreigners.

For my costume I went as Sexy No-Face/Kao-Nashi/カオナシ.



Jocelyn went as a female Gerard Way (lead singer of My Chemical Romance.)


Felipe went as a Sokka (character from Avatar the Last Airbender.)


Cormac went as Piko-Taro (of the Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen fame.)


John went as Severus Snape, but when I first saw him I thought he was Dorian Gray.



 It was hopping! I danced the night away (and woke up paying for it cuz I’m not a spring chicken anymore.) Super fun!

We woke up the next morning, and got ready to head back home. I decided to spend my day channeling Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovette. I dont get to wear my hair (or my crazy) this way often, so I had some fun with it. Check out the doll earrings!



After getting back from the Halloween party we (Cormac, Felipe and I) went to a park in Fukushima city near my friend’s apartment. It was a beautiful hill, and there were great views of the city on all sides.


















We found a bench on springs and the three of us decided to see how far we could rock it back and forth. No adults to be found here.



There were a few little shrines up at the top of the hill. One had a little Daruma inside. The tree next to the shrine was forming around a rock, which I thought was cool.







Beautiful view of Fukushima City.




We made it to the top of the hill and walked around for a long while. We came down on the opposite side of the hill from where we went up, so it took us a while of pleasant walking to make our way back. It was getting pretty dark by the time we returned. We found a few little shrines around the base of the hill.







We then went back to my friend’s apartment to watch some horror movies (Paranormal Activities 3, and Insidious) which we did find scary (even though I had already seen both, but had forgotten most of it) and it was the first time in years that I have legit screamed during a horror movie. Two of us were screaming like children, and one was laughing at the screamers. I’ll leave it to your imagination who was who. I later drove back to Minamisoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment